There is a reason why organizations around the world have started allocating greater budget and resources toward human resource management. People undoubtedly are, an organization’s biggest potential for success. When managed correctly, they can take your business to great heights. When mismanaged, they can prevent your business from achieving goals, no matter how great your technology or marketing is.
It is especially true for young talent, which can be rather quick to disappear in the face of better prospects. Managing the expectations of employees is thus something very critical for your business. And while many things contribute to this, interesting and innovative perks (over and above the regular 401(k) matching funds or occasional free dental checkups you provide) make for a great way to attract and keep talent or make employees happy at your organization.
Game rooms are the single, most popular innovative perk – Forbes, 2014
According to an article in Forbes, game rooms are the most appealing, interesting and popular perk for young techies. From companies that provide traditional game rooms such as those with Foosball tables, pool or dart games, to companies that go all-out, providing facilities such as climbing walls, bowling and other exciting games – organizations around the world have explored the knowledge to improve daily productivity, long-term commitment, job satisfaction and other feel-good factors.
The best example of such an organization would be Google Inc. Celebrated for providing the “happiest”, most productive workspace to its employees in the world, the search giant has nailed innovative perks with its game rooms. You can too!
Transform how your organization does business with synthetic ice skating rinks
You can use synthetic ice rinks to create an indoor (even outdoor if you have the space) game room, which combines the strength and durability of plastic ice, the safety of backyard rinks and the fun of ice-skating surfaces to create a fun, entertaining and eco-friendly perk for employees.
Like typical backyard rinks, these artificial ice rinks make use of ultra- or high-density polyethylene for panels and strong polymer for supporting structures, ensuring the rinks are less-slippery (therefore safer and more comfortable) than real, ice skating rinks. They come in custom sizes, which can be installed in basements, garages or indoor rooms with great ease.
In addition, they do not cost you a bomb. There are no electricity or water charges associated with maintaining ice skating rinks. The synthetic ice is cost-effective itself and lasts at least two decades on an average. How great is that? Also, here are five things your indoor plastic ice rink can do for your business:
- Increase exposure by attracting media attention (through innovative, truly unique employee perks), thereby attracting clients and employees.
- Fortify brand presence and following by positing you as an eco-friendly company (that follows sustainability even in the game room), thereby attracting clients and employees.
- Boost productivity by providing employees a dynamic way to eliminate stress, boost lymphatic circulation and therefore recharge tired body and mind.
- Reduce losses associated with frequent absenteeism, sick-leaves and low employee motivation.
- Increase team spirit (an entire department can use the artificial ice rink together!), optimize team dynamics, improve internal communication, increase employees’ love of and satisfaction with their job and more.
These benefits do not even begin to cover the actual monetary benefits your organization can realize, because of improved morale or boosted productivity. Artificial ice rinks, as you can now see, is a gift for your business that keeps on giving!